I made this yesterday and both Mike and Dave loved it. It's from Stephanie O'Dea's "Make It Fast, Cook It Slow" cookbook.
Ingredients:
cooking spray
4 chicken breast halves, pounded thin (I used 5 whole breasts)
4-8 slices ham
4-8 slices Swiss cheese (I used 6 and wished I had used more)
1 (10 oz) can cream of something soup (I used cream of chicken)
2 Tbsp low-fat milk
Directions:
Use a 4 quart slow cooker. (I used a 6 quart.) Spray crock with cooking spray. Pound chicken breasts flat (put them in a plastic zippered bag before you pound so chicken juice doesn't spray all over the kitchen) and put a slice of ham and slice of swiss on the top of each chicken breast and roll it up. Place into slow cooker, seam side down. If desired, top with another piece of ham and one of cheese. Continue with the other pieces. It's okay to stagger-stack the chicken, it will still cook.
Pour the cream of something soup into the crock. Put the 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk into the empty soup can and swirl it around to get the remaining stuck on good stuff. Pour into the crock. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. This is done when the chicken is cooked through and has begun to brown on top.
*I don't like ham and I still was able to eat (most) of it! Again, I wish I had used more cheese and both of the guys said so too. Otherwise, this was really good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment