From "Make It Fast, Cook It Slow" cookbook by Stephanie O'Dea.
Ingredients:
4 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
1 cup buffalo wing sauce
8-10 uncooked traditional lasagna noodles
1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, chopped (I use 2 and it's fine)
2 cups shredded cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (I've never used this & it's tasted fine.)
1/4 cup water
Directions:
Use a 6 quart slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, pasta sauce, and buffalo wing sauce. Ladle a big spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of your stoneware. Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. You'll have to break them to get a proper fit. Add a smear of ricotta cheese to the top of the noodles. Add a layer of bell pepper, and top with some shredded cheese. Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients. Add the blue cheese crumbles. Put the water into your empty pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour the liquiid over the top of the entire lasagna. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. When the cooking time is complete, unplug the crock and take off the lid. Let the lasanga sit for 20 minutes before cutting.
Notes: I've used Buffalo Wild Wings Carribean Jerk sauce and Franks Red Hot buffalo sauce. Both were good, but I think that Frank's was better.
I noticed that when I let it continue to cook for 7 hours (or kept the crock on "keep warm" for a couple more hours), the noodles get too mushy. Don't overcook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment