Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Black Forrest Brownies

I know it's been a while since anyone posted any recipes, but I found this one in (embarrassingly enough) a cheesy mystery book that includes recipes. It is FABULOUS! I have made at least half a dozen-and probably more-homemade brownie recipes and they never turn out. These are great! Give 'em a try when you get a chance!

Black Forest Brownies

Oven at 350

4 one-oz squares semi-sweet chocolate (or ¾ c chocolate chips)
¾ c butter
1/ ½ c white sugar
3 eggs
1 t vanilla extract
1 c flour (Does not need to be sifted)
½ c pecans (or other nuts of your choice-I used walnuts)
½ c chopped cherries (either dried or drained maraschino-I used maraschino)
½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips (I omitted these)

Line a 9x13 pain w/ foil so you can lift it out. Spray the foil. (I just lined the bottom of the pan w/ parchment paper and sprayed the sides. Brownies came out beautifully.)

Microwave chocolate and butter for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 20 second increments until melted. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs (make sure it’s not too hot that it will cook the eggs). Mix in extract. Mix in flour until it is just moistened. Add in cherries and nuts. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
Cut into however many brownies you'd like. 16 brownies makes for about 280 calories each. But I find if I make them smaller I just eat more so I go for bigger ones! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment