I've had several crockpot successes in the past several weeks, so I though I'd share!
Cream Cheese Chicken
This will probably go into the regular rotation at our house. We both loved it, and it was super easy to make! I didn't have any onion powder, so I just used a chopped onion and it worked out just fine.
--10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
--frozen chicken--enough to feed four adults
--2 T Italian seasoning
--1/2 t celery seed
--1 T onion powder
--1 T sugar (weird, I know.)
--1/4 t black pepper
--1 t kosher salt
--2 cloves minced garlic
--block of cream cheese (to add later)
Put everything except for the cream cheese into the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and begins to shred. Shred the chicken with two large forks, and mix in the block of cream cheese. Switch the crock to high and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is fully melted.
Brown Sugar Chicken
I wasn't planning on trying this when I first saw the recipe, but I made it one day out of desperation. It was the only recipe that I could make without having to run out to the store (it was a sweatpants and dirty hair kind of day). It turned out surprisingly delicious. The chicken is very moist and the vinegar really cuts the sweetness of the brown sugar.
--12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or 6 boneless, skinless breast halves
--1 cup brown sugar
--1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
--2/3 cup vinegar
--3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
--2 T soy sauce
--1 tsp ground black pepper
Use a 4 quart crockpot for this recipe.
Plop the chicken into your crockpot. Cover with the brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, and soy sauce. Add the vinegar, and pour in the soda. It will bubble!
Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or on high for 4-5. The chicken is done when it is cooked through and has reached desired consistency. The longer you cook it, the more tender it will be.
Serve over rice or quinoa.
No comments:
Post a Comment