This is a recipe my mom used to make for us as kids. As such, I don't have an exact recipe for it, and therefore no exact measurements. However, it's not a recipe that needs exact measurements. You can't really ruin it. This is a great "comfort food" type of meal.
As it is, this recipe only makes 8 chicken rolls, so I always double it. You can't fit all 16 rolls in the same dish, but you can usually fit 12.
Ingredients:
1 roll of Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 can of chicken (whatever the standard size is)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
Milk (enough to fill soup can 1/2 full)
Shredded cheese, doesn't really matter what kind (we usually use cheddar)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix milk and soup and pour into 9x13 baking dish.
Mix chicken and shredded cheese. (Proportions are up to you. I tend to do about 2 parts chicken to one part cheese but it really doesn't matter.)
Open and unroll crescent rolls.
Put a spoon full of chicken/cheese mix onto fat end of crescent roll triangle, then roll up. (i.e. chicken/cheese will end up rolled inside crescent roll)
Put rolls into pan (they should sit in the soup mixture).
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of rolls.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes (I find mine often take longer but that might be an elevation thing?) or until soup is bubbling and rolls are starting to brown on top.
Disclaimer: I wasn't going to post this recipe, as I don't have a proper recipe for it but Melanie really wanted me to.
BEST RECIPE EVER! These are so good and easy you are a fool if you don't try them! Make them. Tonight.
ReplyDeleteDue to the rave reviews we will have to be making these very soon!!
ReplyDeleteI made these and Jeff and I both give them two thumbs up! Yumm-o!
ReplyDelete