Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trying New Things

A few months ago, Heather posted some of the recipes she had tried off this blog. I, also, found myself posting quite a bit, but rarely trying something new. Here's what I've tried so far:

Chicken and Biscuits

Slow Cooker Chicken and Artichokes (I added some low-fat cream cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking, and it turned out wonderfully!)

Crockpot Buffalo Lasagna (Now a Farnon house staple!)

Easy Potato Bake (I substituted fresh dill for the thyme and left out the cheese. It was a great side dish for steaks on the grill.)

I'm also planning on trying the following in the near future:

Grilled Salmon Marinade

Crockpot Chicken Cordon Blue

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

Pretzel Rolls

What have you guys tried and had success with?

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. I've been a pretty big poster, but not tryer. Now I'm motivated.

    I have tried the Ham, Asparagus, Cheese Quiche and am planning on the cream cheese chicken in the crockpot next week. And I really want to try that grilled salmon marinade.
    Mel, I love your idea about the potato bake & using fresh dill and leaving off the cheese. We just did something similar last week as a side to our chicken on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to try the cream cheese chicken and salmon marinade.
    Jeff made the steak pizziaola burger for me, but it just did not quite turn out. It was probably our preparation...but I also just might be more of a classic burger kind of a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm soooo glad you tried and liked the chicken and artichokes. John and I reeeally liked it!

    ReplyDelete