This is a recipe for super easy stuffed mushrooms. I brought them to a party and several people have asked for the recipe, so here it is:
1 pound medium mushrooms
1 pound bulk breakfast sausage, hot or sage
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350.
Clean the mushrooms (wipe them down with a damp cloth). Remove their stems and use a paring knife to make the hole for stuffing larger.
Brown and drain the sausage, and stir in cream cheese. Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps.
Bake for 20 minutes.
*After I made these mushrooms, I made stuffed peppers with the same stuffing mixture. I topped the peppers with Parmesan cheese and put them in the oven for the same amount of time and they were good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We made these last night and they were yummy - just as we remembered :-). We added green onoin into the mixture and it added a little extra flavor. Were going to try to make the stuffed peppers with the remaining mixture.
ReplyDelete